Proper ironing a jacket - valuable tips
Posted by: 13.01.2018
A crumpled jacket immediately loses its presentability and speaks of its owner, as a very sloppy person who does not follow his appearance. That's why you should iron your jacket immediately after he hesitated. The problem is that ironing a jacket must be carried out using a special technology so that it is possible not only to iron the clothes effectively, but also not to spoil the fabric that is sensitive to the effects of high temperatures. How to stroke a jacket, if there is an important official event on the nose, and your thing is all in folds? Need to understand.
Preparation for ironing a jacket
Few people know that before smoothing a jacket after washing or long-term storage in a closet, the wardrobe item must be properly prepared for this procedure. The first step is to make sure that the jacket is clean. All the dirt on the surface of the clothes in the process of ironing will be firmly fixed deeply in the fibers of the fabric, and it will be rather difficult to erase them. Also, before ironing, it is necessary to prepare a damp cloth that will serve as a gasket between the iron and the surface of the jacket, which, if in direct contact with the heater, may become unusable. Pre-set the desired heating level (in no case more).
Correct ironing sequence
If you are interested in ways to properly iron a jacket, once and for all remember a sequence from which you can not deviate while ironing a business suit:
- Pockets. Before ironing, the pockets are turned out, after which they are gently ironed through a damp cloth, which will reduce the harmful effects of high temperature on the cloth.
- Sleeves and shoulders. The most difficult stage of ironing a jacket. It can be relieved by special supports for the sleeves, which are often sold complete with ironing boards. If you wish, you can find such coasters separately in special stores. For shoulders, you can use special pads, which should also be purchased.
- Back. The only piece of clothing that needs to be ironed from the front.
- Lapels and collar. The final, but equally important stage of ironing a jacket.
Now, when you know in what sequence to iron a jacket, it remains to understand how to stroke a jacket at home, in order not to spoil it completely.
Competent ironing jacket
Before ironing a men's suit, inspect the tag attached on the inside of the garment to find out the iron temperature setting recommended for ironing. On the iron, set the temperature indicated on the label, and then proceed with ironing:
- Turn the jacket inside out and gently spread out on a flat horizontal surface, straightening the butt and canvas.
- Iron slightly wet pockets until the fabric is completely dry - this is an easy step.
- Go to the sleeves. Before you stroke the sleeves of your jacket, make sure that they are wet enough. If possible, use special coasters. If there are none, when ironing, be careful that there are no folds on the elbow seam. Shoulders should also be drained in a wet state until dry.
- Cover the jacket with a damp cloth (you can take a gauze) over the entire surface.
- Walk down the back. How to stroke a jacket or jacket on the back? Quite simply - a mistake will not work. The main thing to iron through a damp cloth and not to do too much pressure. If the fabric is smooth, it can be smoothed in any direction.
- Finish ironing on the collar. Despite the fact that the collar is a very small part of the jacket, special attention should be paid to its ironing. Before ironing, it should also be slightly wetted and ironed until completely dry, so as not to damage the fabric.
At this, the general recommendations for ironing the jacket end. But it is impossible not to answer the actual question of how to iron the sleeve of a jacket from various fabrics. We will understand.
Important features and tips
It should be remembered that jackets from fleecy fabrics should be ironed only in the direction from top to bottom - in this case, the pile will not wrinkle and roll, thereby losing its attractive appearance. This must be remembered and before you stroke the velvet jacket - you need to iron the velvet from top to bottom so that it lays as evenly as possible.
Surely you will not interfere with other valuable tips, remember which are particularly desirable:
- If there is no place in your house where you can stroke a suit, it is better to use the help of companies providing this service. To iron a jacket, you need the space needed for an ironing board - it is not always possible to find it.
- So that after ironing the jacket does not lose its original shape, leave it on the ironing board - let it lie for 10-15 minutes. Such a rest will allow the fabric to cool down and gain a foothold, which will make it impossible to deform a piece of clothing.
- How to stroke sleeves on a jacket if he is “afraid” of a hot iron? Try to steam, which can be performed using a special steamer or another source of steam (kettle with boiling water or a bathroom with hot water). Water vapor more gently affects the fabric, which reduces the risk of damage to the business suit.
- Before you stroke the sleeves of the jacket (and its other parts), stand up so that the light falls on the left side of the clothes (for left-handers on the right). So you will better see all the folds and irregularities on the surface of the suit, which will allow you to stroke it effectively.
When ironing a wool jacket, in no case drive the hot sole of the iron over the fabric - this will inevitably lead to the deformation of the wool, and in the end you will get not a business suit, but a shapeless thing that you are ashamed to wear. Ironing of delicate fabrics should be carried out only in a contactless manner, and the thing itself must be moistened and ironed before drying.