Leather pants: how to wash in the washing machine or by hand?
Posted by: 21.11.2017
Every hostess should know how to properly wash leather items. Despite the fact that such a task does not have to face too often, knowledge must be present. Otherwise, any pants, leggings made of genuine or artificial leather can lose their beauty after a banal wash.
Leather pants - how to wash: a few tips
The best way is to use dry cleaning services. If this possibility is not available, you can use special recommendations. Understanding the basic rules will eliminate the risk associated with clothing.
Leather clothing in 95% cannot be Handwash only and machine washable. Of course, there are certain exceptions, but more on that later. It must be understood that contact with water always carries with it a serious risk. To eliminate unnecessary risks, it is desirable to take into account the type and color of the skin, because various methods of washing still appear to be affordable. For example, you can use soap solutions, and in some cases - machine wash. Before you do the washing of leather clothing, you should carefully examine all the available recommendations on the labels, sewn on things.
Obligatory task - a careful study of tips on proper care for any leather product, which are always listed on the label. For this reason, it is best to focus on recommendations from a clothing manufacturer.
Only if there is an enabling badge on the label, the item can be immersed in a washing machine. It is imperative to take into account advice on the washing mode, temperature, type of detergent used. In most cases, the spin is banned, as it can ruin even the highest quality thing.
If there is a sign on the label, indicates that the washing is prohibited, or the label could not be found, it should be limited to manual cleaning. Being interested in how to wash leggings, it is important to understand that they are vulnerable to external factors, so it’s best to limit yourself to just wiping with a soft cloth, pre-moistened with warm water and adding a light and safe detergent. It is imperative to ensure that the thing is not soaked, as there is a risk of damage to clothing: warped edges, divorces.
It is best to use an alcohol solution. Of course, such a tool should be prepared according to the correct scheme, since in a different scenario, there are unnecessary risks to leather clothing. The ideal option is to use the same proportions of ordinary water and alcohol. In this case, the alcohol solution can be applied to the leather product only with a soft cloth.
It is important to understand that the pressure when wiping clothes should be minimal, since in a different scenario, the material may not withstand pressure and deform. In addition, artificial leather is even more sensitive to any treatment. After a wet cleaning, the product should be wiped dry with a soft rag, and then dried thoroughly.
It is important to understand that it is necessary to take into account not only the answer as to how to wash leather pants, but also the rules of drying:
- best thing to hang on the hangers. If you wish, you can simply decompose the thing. The most important thing is its being in the direct state for uniform drying;
- drying should be carried out at room temperature;
- Clothing should be protected from direct sunlight and heating devices that should not be near.
Understanding the basics of how to properly wash leather items, you need to try to deepen the knowledge gained.
Is it possible to wash leather pants: exploring ways
Being interested in how to wash leather pants, you need to understand the possibilities of the procedure:
- Pants can be slightly soaked in warm water. After that, they need to be placed next to warm sources. It is important to ensure the safety of heat, because artificial leather can collapse in the shortest time possible;
- The second method is ideal. Pants should be soaked in warm water. Then they should be sated with water, but should not become excessively wet. After such a wash, the pants should be completely dry. At the end of the event, you need to apply a special cream that can give a beautiful haze to the skin.
Such methods are suitable not only for ordinary trousers, but also for leggings, leggings.
How to wash leather pants: important nuances
Being interested in whether it is possible to wash leather trousers, it is extremely important to understand which products are best to use for this.
What means to use?
First of all, under the ban are bleaching agents, ordinary powders. Such funds can be negative and dangerous.
An amazing assortment of detergents allows you to understand which option to opt for. In most cases, special options are recommended, as they have a mild effect and can guarantee a gentle approach to washing. Using soft water can improve efficiency.
Recommendations for effective and safe washing of things:
- leather products that differ in color cannot be washed together. Otherwise they can wash;
- the cleaning method should be selected based on the data from the clothing label;
- warm water is the best washing base. Hot water cannot be used;
- spin for leather goods is a taboo;
- soaking clothes guarantees increased washing efficiency;
- Plots that have had time to become heavily contaminated can be rubbed with a special soft-bristled brush.
Such rules increase the efficiency and safety of washing.
How to wash leather pants in a washing machine: recommendations
First of all, you need to ensure the possibility of washing clothes in a washing machine. To do this, carefully review the information on the label.
Trying to understand how to wash tights, you need to focus on the recommendations printed on the label. It is best to focus on the following aspects:
- sparing mode;
- lack of high temperatures;
- minimum spin;
- the use of soft soap products created specifically for leather goods;
- After washing, you need to wrap a piece of clothing with a towel and remove excess moisture.
Knowing how to wash leather shorts, leggings, leggings or pants, you need to follow all the recommendations. Only in this case the clothes will continue to delight with their quality and beautiful appearance.