How best to wash a duvet: manually or in a washing machine?
Posted by: 09.01.2018
With the advent of the washing machine, the life of a modern woman has become much easier. Washing things has become much easier, saving a lot of time. But can all things be washed in a washing machine? Unfortunately, not all, but such things are very few. In other cases, you just need to choose the right mode.
Is it possible to wash a duvet in a washing machine?
Pooh perfectly amenable to washing in a modern washing machine. Before you do this, be sure to read the information on the label. These icons will allow you to choose the right wash mode. To abandon washing in the car will have only if the thing is too large. It just does not fit in the machine. And if it fits, then there will be no free space in the drum for water and washing powder.
How to wash a duvet at home?
There are a few basic rules that will help you to qualitatively wash a blanket out of fluff:
- Wash down duvets in delicate mode. This mode involves heating water to a temperature of 30 degrees.
- The blanket can be washed if the washing machine is drawn on the label. If a hand is drawn, only hand washing is allowed.
- Be sure to look at the label whether it is possible to use powder or bleaching agents.
- After washing the thing does not need ironing. Beat well enough with his hands to give an attractive look.
- Soak the blanket in the bathroom. This will help determine its weight and exact dimensions, as well as the approximate amount of water needed for cleaning. Add a small amount of acetic acid to the water. In this form, the blanket should lie down for about 15 minutes. After soaking, transfer it to the drum of the typewriter, select the appropriate mode.
- Use a special liquid tool, which is also called liquid shampoo. It cleans things well and is thoroughly washed away at the end of the process. It is undesirable to use simple laundry detergent since it is very poorly washed out at the end.
- Be sure to use the “Extra Rinse” mode.
- It is better to press the blanket manually. Put it to dry on a clean surface and wait for more water to drain. To make the process go faster, remember the blanket with your hands.
- Wash down duvet is only possible in machines with horizontal loading. Options with vertical loading will not work. A thing can be damaged in it.
- Before dipping a duvet into a washing machine, throw a few tennis balls into the drum that will not let the fluff stray.
- For drying it is convenient to use metal drying, which can be purchased at any hardware store.
- During drying, regularly turn the blanket from side to side so that it dries faster. In addition, it will allow down to keep its attractive appearance.
How to wash a duvet by hand
Washing a duvet with your hands is a real feat. But if the thing does not need to be thoroughly cleaned, and you simply want to slightly refresh it, then washing with your hands is the most suitable option. Use a furniture upholstery kit with soap or shampoo for cleaning. Do not use laundry detergent, which may leave stains on the fabric. If it is not possible to purchase a furniture set, buy a liquid powder that perfectly cleans things and is washed away, leaving no traces.
Soak the duvet for an hour in clean water. Since it is rather large, use a bathroom for this purpose. Pre-soaking will get rid of accumulated dirt. Rinse thing will have at least three times. If there is dirt or detergent on the surface, clean it with a soft toothbrush. Drying the blanket is better in the open air, but you can do it indoors when using the dryer.
It is not enough to know how to wash a duvet in a typewriter machine, you still need to properly care for it.
How to care for a duvet?
- In the morning, when you make the bed, shake and gently straighten the blanket so that the down will be smoothed out.
- Do not blow dust from the blanket with hard objects.
- Do not dry the blanket in direct sunlight.
- Do not dry your duvet near electrical and heating appliances.
How to straighten a duvet?
Spread the thing on a flat surface, gently pat it on the cells that are too full of fluff. During the cotton, direct the down towards the empty cells. At the end, shake the blanket and leave for a couple of minutes, allowing the fluff to restore the previous volume.
Washing a duvet is a complex and painstaking process that requires a lot of time and effort. It is better to wash it in the washing machine using special detergents. Pre thing you need to soak in the bathroom. Add acetic acid to the soaking water. After washing, the duvet should be properly dried and whipped to get an attractive appearance. Be sure to throw a few tennis balls in the drum of the washing machine - it will allow the fluff to be evenly distributed. If there is dirt or detergent on the surface, use a toothbrush. The duvet should be rinsed at least three times. If you follow all these simple rules, a duvet will serve you for years.