How to wash the product from wool, so that it sat down
Posted by: 10.12.2017
In each person's wardrobe there are products made of natural wool, knitted or cut, they are perfectly combined with things from both natural and synthetic fabrics. But over time, your favorite sweaters and sweaters stretch. But do not get upset and send your favorite product to the dump, because the advice of experienced housewives will help him to return to its original appearance and shape. Take advantage of the recommendations can be people who lost weight, as a result of which the sweater became too big, or the women craftsmen who tied the jacket a size larger. Also, the methods outlined below will help to eliminate the deformation of your favorite woolen dress in places of bends (on the elbows, in the hips).
Temperature control when washing wool
Before you start any manipulations with a wool product, you need to examine the manufacturer’s information on the label. Ignoring this rule, you can permanently spoil the thing. But at what temperature to wash the wool, so that the thing would sit down? Experienced housewives are advised to use water on the 20-25 ° C hotter than the temperature indicated on the label. This will reduce the product in size. Those who are looking for an acceptable way to wash a wool sweater so that they sit down can use a contrasting procedure that guarantees the expected result to the wearer.
Tips on how to wash woolen things so that they sit down
Having studied the information on the label, in some cases with a careful approach, you can deviate from the manufacturer's recommendations and obtain the desired result by reducing the product to the desired size. This concerns the temperature regime, which is one of the tricks in deciding how to wash the wool so that it will sit down. It is necessary to decide how much it is necessary to reduce the size of the stretched thing Depending on the selected method of washing, you can drastically change the size of the thing or slightly adjust it to 1-2 size.
- Those who are looking for an option of how to wash wool, so that a jacket, skirt or other thing has sat down thoroughly, can use a washing machine. The product is not intended for such washing, and when it gets into the machine, it will significantly decrease in size. There are cases when intended adult products reached children's sizes. At the same time, they strayed strongly, became very warm, but harsh to the touch.
- For those who are looking for how to wash wool, in order to add something to the 1-2 size, it is recommended to use a contrast wash. On the label of wool products indicated the recommended temperature of washing. In order for the thing to get hooked, it is necessary to increase the allowable water temperature by 20 ° C, soaking the sweater or sweater for half an hour. To rinse to prepare ice water, it is enough to dial in a basin of cold water from the tap, which you need to add ice cubes. After a half-hour stay in hot water, the product is gently squeezed out and placed in ice water, where the fibers are drawn in by contrasting rinsing, which helps to reduce things in size. It is forbidden to twist the product, it is only necessary to squeeze it and dry it in a horizontal position on a towel, periodically turning the thing over.
- Hot-drying can also affect shrinkage. Drying the product on a hot battery in winter can achieve the desired size. Desperate, you can use the drying mode in a washing machine, which helps to reduce the size of your favorite wool product.
Puzzled as wash a wool coatin order for it to settle down, you will have to use a large laundry tub in order not to deform the outerwear during the washing process. Using a washing machine for this means risking to say goodbye to a woolen coat. Pre-dirty stains are washed out, the coat is placed in hot water with dissolved in it. liquid detergent means. Rinsing is done in ice-cold water, after which it is necessary to drain excess liquid, and it is worth drying on a horizontal basis, straightening the product along the contour.
How to wash wool so that it does not sit down
Experienced housewives are ready to share the secrets of washing wool, so that they do not lose shape. It must be remembered, if the wool washed in hot water, you can permanently ruin the product. Preference is given to hand wash, because in the automatic machine there is a risk to deform the product. Decided to wash a woolen dress, cardigan, sweater correctly, so that they do not lose their shape and do not need:
- follow the manufacturer's recommendations on the label;
- pre-comb the pile against the wool, only then immerse the product in the pelvis;
- wash with cool water;
- maximum water temperature should not exceed 25-38 ° C;
- when heavily polluted, it is necessary to frequently change the water;
- preference is given to liquid detergents without bio-additives or specialized powders for wool products with a conditioning effect;
- you cannot wash wool items with soap, it makes the fibers coarse;
- sweaters, sweaters, tunics from the Angora can be washed with shampoo for hair, which includes glycerin;
- rinse need water with air conditioning.
If you use cold water for rinsing, then the product can sit down, so you should maintain the same temperature during washing and rinsing. Colored products, so as not to lose color and not shed, rinse with water with the addition of wine vinegar or ammonia (1 dining-table per 3 liter of water). This will help revitalize the paint and soften the fibers.
When choosing a machine wash, it is recommended to select the desired mode: hand wash or “Wool”. Use only liquid detergents with an air conditioner. It is necessary to abandon the pressing and, moreover, from the drying of the product in the automatic machine.
Whichever way you choose to wash a wool product, it's better to decide individually, but remember that there is always the risk of spoiling a favorite thing, because natural material requires a delicate attitude.
Is it possible to urgently arrange shrinkage of cotton products?
Not only wool products are stretched, but also products made from other natural materials can increase in size, thereby distressing the owners. In the wardrobe of each person there are cotton T-shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, which need to return to the previous size. Responsible manufacturer before sewing necessarily processes the fabric, reaching its maximum shrinkage. But acquiring things unscrupulous manufacturers, we must not complain, and eliminate the consequences. Cotton items easier to put in proper shape than wool, so in the arsenal of experienced housewives there are tricks that can be used without any special effort.
- If the product label contains washing information only at 40 ° C, then it is safe to program the washing machine on 60 ° C. The stretched product will sit down necessarily.
- If after washing it was found that the thing has clearly increased in size, you should not be upset. Boiling water is poured into the tank, into which the product is immersed on 5-15 minutes, after which it is immediately lowered into a basin of ice-cold water, where it remains on 10-15 minutes. The result will not keep you waiting for a T-shirt or jacket to "jump" to 1-2 size. But this option is not suitable for dyed fabrics, because the product with unstable dyes can shed.
- Those who do not want to get involved in contrasting procedures are suggested to dry the cotton item in a washing machine. The electric dryer will do its job - the product will return to its former form.
- When buying a new clothes, you can adjust the size of the product with a hot iron. The product is carefully processed with hot steam formed at maximum temperature, which allows to reduce the t-shirt or jacket by 1 size.
But resorting to an increase in temperature in the washing machine, you should choose gentle detergents, so as not to get a faded thing after such a procedure. It should be remembered that when drying a cotton product, it is necessary not to stretch it intentionally in order to preserve the effect obtained during the washing.