How to store dill in the fridge so that it stays fresh and spicy
Posted by: 16.12.2017
First of all, remember that the sun and heat are the main enemies for useful trace elements stored in greenery. Therefore, it should be protected in a dark cool place, for example, in the refrigerator.
There are many ways to store dill in the fridge, but on our website only simple and effective recommendations are served.
Recipes short-term storage of dill
If you like to eat fresh greens, there are easy ways to store fresh dill:
- Washed and chopped greens are placed in a plastic bag with a small onion. Once a week the container is ventilated and the bulb is replaced with a fresh one. If you need to keep the dill for several days, put it in a glass of clean water.
- How to store dill and parsley in the refrigerator so that they do not povyat? Soak a clean towel in cold water and squeeze so that it remains wet. Spread the greens on it in a thin layer, roll into a pipe and put in the refrigerator.
- Another important moment is how to properly store the green dill in order to preserve its pleasant aroma and beneficial substances. In this case, it is the capacity that plays a huge role. Pure dried dill should be placed in a pan or glass jar. It is important that the lid on any of the vessels fits snugly to the surface and the surface of the container itself is opaque. It will reliably protect greens from sunlight and moisture.
The bottom compartment of the fridge is also suitable for storing dill. With this method, you need to make sure that the greens are well dried, otherwise it may spoil. Wrap it in plain white paper, put it in a bag and put it in the fridge. Do not use newspapers or magazines. Dill will be in contact with typographical paints, will draw harmful trace elements from them and in the future may harm the health of your family.
Recommendations for long-term storage of dill
During the cold seasons, we need vitamins more than ever, and dill has a number of useful elements. To preserve them as much as possible, you can do the following:
- Before you store the dill for the winter. Carefully sort it, but do not wash it. Take cellophane bags and fill as desired. An important point: try to create a vacuum, releasing all the air. If this is not done, moist air will turn into ice and shorten the storage time. Put the tied bag in the freezer.
- There is another recipe for storing dill in the freezer. Before freezing it should be washed, remove the roots and yellowed twigs. Then fold in small bundles (it is more convenient to use in the winter), tightly wrap with cling film and put in the freezer. Greens preserve nutrients and appetizing appearance for at least six months.
- To understand how to store dried dill for a long time, you need to properly prepare it. Wash, cut, spread on clean paper or a towel, and leave to dry in the shade. Then place in a plastic or glass container.
If properly observed, dill can be stored for six to eight months. Then he loses his taste and spicy properties.
From tanks it is recommended to use:
- Glass jar.
- Plastic container.
- Plastic bags.
Also suitable for paper towels, foil and food film.
Now you know how to preserve this useful gift of nature for a long time and reliably and add spring aroma to your dishes even in winter.