How to wash watercolor paint from clothes - how to remove stains
Posted by: 02.04.2018
Creativity brings joy and satisfaction to many people. Drawing is a complex process, during which bright marks often appear on things. This is not a reason to throw a favorite activity, you just need to know how to wash the watercolor paint off the clothes after creating the next masterpiece.
Compared to oil paint, watercolor simply wash, if you take it right away. It is made of water based and consists of natural coloring pigments. In order to better fit the canvas, auxiliary substances are added to it:
- vegetable based glue;
- bull bile.
To prevent mold, phenol is included. It is these ingredients that make the housewives puzzle over how to wash the watercolor paint off the clothes, as they are firmly embedded in the fabric fibers.
If the watercolor is made with the observance of quality standards, it is easy to clean the material from it, but you need to start washing before the pigments have managed to gain a foothold and the stain has not dried.
Before you start washing, turn the clothes inside out, open the tap and hold the stain under a stream of cool water for a few minutes. Do not use hot liquid. It will fix the coloring pigment, and it will be more difficult to tidy up the thing.
Pollution brightens significantly. Take the bar hoz. soap, rub the stain, rub it with your hands and rinse. Usually, after such actions, the paint is completely washed off. If weak stains remain, repeat the procedure using soap or a quality powder.
What to do with dried spots?
If the paint has time to dry, its washing is difficult. But there are some proven recipes that can help. Do not forget, when using solvents, to check their effect on an inconspicuous area of fabric. This will prevent discoloration and other damage to things.
One of the best ways to wipe off watercolor paint from clothes is vinegar.
- Pour a little in the metal container.
- Heat over low heat.
- Soak cotton wool in hot vinegar and gently treat the pollution, starting from the edges, smoothly moving to the center.
- Soak soiled clothes in a solution of soap shavings and wash.
Heated vinegar quickly relieves dried watercolor marks, but it is not recommended to use it for silk and thin, capricious fabric.
If you do not know how to wash watercolor with light and colored things that have long dried up, use glycerin. First of all, soak a cotton wool in it, process the stain and leave for a quarter of an hour. During this time, the paint will soften and it will be easier to move away from the fabric fibers.
- After that, combine alcohol and glycerin in the ratio 1: 1 in a ceramic bowl.
- Moisten a soft cloth with the product and blot the dirt.
- Wait 15 minutes and wash with powder.
- For better effect, oxygen-based bleach can be added to the water.
Glycerin is a universal remedy that should be in the arsenal of every hostess. With its help it is easy to remove the most various pollution.
We erase white things
Children in drawing classes often stain the sleeves of school shirts. Usually, on returning home, the paint manages to dry out, and mothers have a question about how to wash watercolor from white clothes without a residue.
- Copes well with waterborne paint stains a simple recipe.
- You will need to mix between each other 100 ml of hot water and hydrogen peroxide.
- Add baking soda 100 to liquid and soak the contaminated area of the material for half an hour in the solution.
- After this thing must be rinsed and dried.
If blots are put on dense natural white fabric, it is easy to cope with them by boiling. To prepare the solution, add a large spoonful of household shavings to 1 l of water. soap, the same amount of soda ash and 1 of ammonia and peroxide. Soak a white cloth and boil on a minimum of 40 flame for minutes. When the water has cooled down a little, remove the item, rinse it thoroughly with air conditioner and dry it.
For gentle material boiling can not be used. It is better to let it wash off with an oxygen-based stain remover or bleach. Well proven:
- "Amway SA8";
To make the substance fully work, apply it on a damp cloth and leave it on for 20 minutes. In containers with hot water, dilute the desired amount of powder and stain remover, soak the thing and wash well. Usually watercolor disappears without a trace.
Several effective ways
If the above methods are not effective, and you do not know how to wash watercolors from clothes, try a method that helps to restore things to their original purity in most cases.
- Mix in the same proportion of vinegar, ammonia and soak the solution pollution.
- Leave the fabric for half an hour to the paint soaked.
- Rinse the product with water, washing away the watercolor.
- If there are stains and residual marks on the fabric, dissolve a spoon of soda, salt and powder in a liter of hot water.
- Immerse the material and wash it by hand.
This is one of the most effective ways to wash watercolor from clothes.
Any kind of paint can be removed with white spirit. If you decide to use a solvent, use it only on a thick, hard-colored or white fabric and do not forget to protect your hands with rubber gloves.
- Moisten a lint-free cloth with liquid.
- Use a circular motion to rub the solvent into a soiled cloth.
- Wait 5 minutes and send the product to the washing machine.
During work, be sure to open the window, since the composition of the white spirit are toxic substances that are harmful to health.
Remove blots from different materials
In addition to universal methods, there are methods suitable for certain types of fabric.
How to wash watercolor paint from cotton? Dissolve a liter of water in a spoonful of soap chips and soda. Boil the liquid and dip the item in boiling water for 10 seconds. Repeat the procedure several times and then wash it with regular powder with bleach or stain remover.
Natural silk and wool require a special approach, because they are easy to spoil.
- Lather a spot host. soap and wait until the foam from it is completely absorbed.
- Put a bottle of denatured alcohol in a bowl with hot water.
- When it becomes warm, soak a sponge in alcohol and gently wipe the blot with it.
- It quickly brightens and disappears.
- Rinse the silk or wool with cool water, washing away residual soap, denatured alcohol, and hang to dry.
Watercolor mark with synthetic fabric can be removed by treatment with ammonia and rinsing it in salted water.
In rare cases it happens that the dried watercolor paint is not completely removed from the clothes and residual traces cannot be washed off. This is an unpleasant situation, but there is no need to despair. On children's and adult clothes, the situation can be corrected by sewing a small pocket or a stylish appliqué.
When a person is actively engaged in drawing, the appearance of stains on clothes occurs constantly, if not to take action. To prevent this from happening, it is recommended to buy special sleeves and an apron made from water-repellent fabric. They will help not to worry about the safety of clothes, but to focus on creativity.