How to remove blood stains on the fabric: the best ways
Posted by: 02.05.2018
It happens that after cutting or for any other reasons, blood stains fall on our clothes. This event is unpleasant, especially if you didn’t find them immediately. You should not be upset, this is a fixable matter. In this article we will explain how to get rid of these unfortunate traces, even if the stain is old, give recommendations on how to remove them permanently, without damaging the fabric fibers, and also advise what tools to use.
Many housewives are very often tormented by the question: why is it so hard to wash out blood stains? The reason is that in the blood there is a large amount of protein, which reacting with oxygen in the air, almost tightly eats into the fibers. Also in its composition there is iron, which is a dye and, getting on clothes, often leaves stains on it. In general, if a few drops sprinkled on your favorite T-shirt or jeans inadvertently, they need to be urgently removed, and how to remove the blood stain from the fabric will be considered further.
How to wash fresh spot
- The first and most important advice - do not hesitate. The more time passes from the moment you decide to remove the pollution, the more difficult it will be to do.
- Take a sponge, napkin or piece of toilet paper and attach it to the stain. This will allow blood to be absorbed and not penetrate deep into the material. Here the main thing is not to rub, because in this way you can increase the stain, and you definitely do not need it.
- Turn the clothes inside out, turn on the cold faucet and substitute pollution under the stream. Remember, you can only use cold water.
Important!!! Why it is impossible to wash blood stains in hot water? The thing is that it gives the opposite effect and does not dissolve protein, and he, in turn, eats into the fibers. Remove stains of baked blood is already unrealistic.
- Wash off the stain should be until it almost disappears. Very fresh contamination can be washed off with cold water completely, but if there are still traces, the thing should be soaked. The question is: how to remove blood stains from the tissue? No need to run to the store and buy expensive stain removers, you will only need laundry soap or regular laundry detergent.
- It happens that soap does not help, then use household stain removers. Just remember, if dirt appears on colored fabric or jeans, you only need one that works in cold water.
How to wash out an old blood stain
So, we discovered chronic pollution: how to remove a blood stain from a tissue? We use the following algorithm.
- To begin with, we will make a cool solution of salt, approximately 0,5 glass per 2 of a liter of water, and place a contaminated item of clothing in it for 2-3 hours.
- Next, make a solution of soda, put the cloth down and leave it on the 5-6 hours.
- After the first two manipulations, the stain should dissolve by itself, but just in case, put the material in a washing machine, add a little stain remover to the powder, and wash it on 30-40 degrees.
Folk ways to remove blood stains
How to remove old stains from the fabric, we figured out, but in addition to the above methods, there are other recipes. We give a rating of the most popular folk methods that our grandmothers knew, because they also repeatedly asked themselves the question: how to get a blood stain on the fabric.
- Hydrogen peroxide. If the bright thing is contaminated, then an unpleasant pale yellow trace can remain on it after removing the blood stain. In this case, peroxide is irreplaceable. Its application does not require complicated actions; it is enough to pour the compound directly on the contamination and leave it on the 15-20 minutes. He must do his own thing. Remember, it is not recommended to use hydrogen peroxide on delicate fabric, as it may corrode the fibers.
- Method number 2 - ammonia. It will also help remove blood stains and rid the material of its traces. To start, make a solution at the rate of 20 grams per 1 liter of water and soak the contaminated item in it for 1-2 hours. Then put a few drops of alcohol on the stain and rub with a cotton pad or sponge, and then send to erase in the standard way.
- How can you remove blood stains from thin and delicate tissue? For such materials, choose potato starch. Take 1-2 teaspoons of powder, add a few drops of water to it, stir, a thick slurry should form. Apply it to the place of contamination and leave until it is completely dry. Then, using a paper napkin or abrasive sponge, clean off the starch and wash the garment. Pour in some vinegar (50-70 grams) when rinsing and your favorite silk blouse or skirt will shine and shimmer like at the time of purchase.
- Get a bottle of glycerin to remove blood stains, it helps very well, but before using it, heat it up slightly in a water bath. Apply to dirt and lightly rub, after it disappears, send the item to rub off on a normal mode.
- How to remove blood stains from tissue if none of the above remedies was at hand? Do not worry, you will lemon juice. Apply a sufficient amount to the pollution, and then, sprinkle it with salt, leave on 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water, repeat the procedure if necessary. Lemon juice works great on old stains, bringing them flawlessly.
- Meat softener. How to remove a blood stain from a tissue with it? Here you should do the same as with starch. In a teaspoon of fermented powder add a few drops of water to form a slurry. Next, apply it to the pollution for half an hour, and then wash it off. In most cases, the stain will disappear, leaving no traces, and if a small reminder remains, use hydrogen peroxide or lemon juice.
Removing blood stains from various surfaces
At the end of the article we will give some more tips, like remove blood stains from mattress fabric or furniture upholstery, because they remove and wash the task time-consuming or almost impossible.
- Favorite leather shoes, a jacket, a bag and covers of the car salon will be saved by household soap shavings, a little soaked in water and a soft sponge, for example, for dishes. Lather the stain, leave the minutes for 20, and then rub, but do not forget that skin is delicate and if you manage to remove the blood stain, there will be a rub. Then wash off the soap, and remove excess moisture with paper towels. Also, the situation will save more and hydrogen peroxide.
- Found spots on the sofa upholstery? Do not be discouraged, here the above described agents, such as salt, starch and peroxide, will help you. After handling and complete drying of the fabric (it can be dried using a hair dryer), thoroughly vacuum the upholstery.
- If you need advice on how to remove the old blood stain from the fabric on the mattress, we will help you. Moisten the stain, then salt it abundantly, remove it after it has completely dried and apply peroxide, it will eat the stain perfectly, but it can leave a slight dull yellow mark. To get rid of it, use stain remover or lemon juice.
Knowledge of how to remove blood stains in various ways and from different surfaces, give you the opportunity to choose one or another method that is right for you, as well as to keep your favorite things and home furnishings in its original form. Let's hope that our advice will help you. Good luck!