Folk ways to get rid of old stains on clothes
Posted by: 23.03.2018
Dirty clothes can permanently spoil the mood. Grease stains and other contaminants on your favorite blouse should be washed while they are fresh. Then things are easy to return the perfect look. But what to do if you forgot to put the product in order in the confusion, the spots dried up and were soaked into the fabric? How to get rid of old stains on clothes, interests many housewives.
You can use expensive stain removers. They give an excellent result, but, unfortunately, not everyone can afford it. Try using traditional recipes instead. They are not less effective, a simple composition is easy to prepare at home from improvised means.
Where to begin
Before you get rid of grease stains on clothes, carefully study the label of the fabric on which dirt appears. Read the recommendations and try to stick to them in order not to spoil the thing completely.
You can completely remove old stains in different ways. For the preparation of home remedies need to prepare:
- some sugar, starch, table salt;
- laundry soap, gasoline and turpentine;
- ammonia, liquid detergent for dishes.
In the fight against grease stains will help a warm iron, blotting paper, a brush for cleaning clothes, soft cloth.
In order not to spoil a colored item, try using it on an inconspicuous area of the material before using any means. Start cleaning the stain if the fabric has not changed color. Do not forget to apply the solution from the reverse side of the product and clean the stain, starting from the edges, gradually moving towards the center. These recommendations will help prevent dirt from spreading through the material and increasing the size of the stain.
Get rid of fat with knitwear
If you need to learn how to get rid of old stains on knitwear left with butter or other grease, try gasoline. It perfectly dissolves old greasy stains.
- Rub the laundry soap. Measure out 1 Art. l shavings and connect it with gasoline so that a thick, homogeneous substance is obtained.
- Mass a lot of dirt, gently rub it with a soft sponge and wait about 20 minutes.
- Rinse with hot water and wash with powder.
It is easy to remove greasy traces of glycerin from colored knitwear. It is necessary to slightly warm it over the steam, drop a few drops on the stain, wait a quarter of an hour and blot the cloth with a clean cloth.
Well helps to destroy the old fat ordinary starch. Spread the item on the table. Sprinkle stains with starch or chalk, put thin paper, such as a blotter, on both sides of the fabric and iron it several times with a heated iron. Crush clothes with books and leave for the night. In the morning, remove the oppression, remove the paper and wash the thing.
Clean the stains with light material
How to get rid of greasy stains from white things? Use laundry soap. Moisten the cloth and lather it. Sprinkle with a thin layer of sugar on top and brush thoroughly. This is a good way to remove dirty footprints from light-colored trousers or blouses.
The salt dissolved in very hot water copes well with oil stains. Measure half a glass of salt crystals, fill them with a liter of boiling water and immerse in a solution a white cloth. When the liquid has cooled, rub the old stains, wait a little more and wash the product.
If the above methods did not bring a noticeable result, and you do not know how to get rid of grease stains, do not despair. You will help a proven tool based on turpentine.
- For its preparation you will need a spoonful of soap shavings, the same amount of turpentine and a teaspoon of ammonia.
- It is necessary to mix the composition thoroughly and evenly distribute the contaminated fabric.
- After half an hour the mixture is absorbed, and the desired reaction will occur. Then you need to remove the remnants of the funds and wash the thing powder.
There is another way that cleans up old stains well. Peel the small potatoes, chop them on a grater and apply the gruel to the dirty material. Clean the fabric after 2 hours. If the stains have not disappeared, soak cotton wool in gasoline and apply to the stains on 15 minutes. Then stretch the thing as usual.
How to help delicate fabrics
When oil stains appear on silk or wool items, it is rather difficult to remove them.
- An old stain will first be stripped by holding the garment over boiling water.
- Then prepare a special solution: combine a spoonful of glycerin with the same amount of water, add 1 tsp. ammonia, stir and soak the fabric.
- After half an hour, rinse it under the tap.
If you need to find a way to get rid of the greasy stain on your pants, try using Fairy. It washes grease on any tissue. Apply a little dirt, rub lightly and after half an hour clean the fabric with water.
No less effectively helps delicate things shampoo, which is designed for oily hair. Grease them with a stain, leave for an hour and rinse with foam.
How to quickly get rid of greasy stains on clothes? Use ammonia. Dilute it with water, keeping to the proportion of 1: 3, soak the contaminated areas with liquid and wash it in 10 minutes.
For better cleaning of things, it is recommended to mix 1 Art. l ammonia with a teaspoon of salt. The resulting mass must be rubbed stains and left for 15 minutes.
- Good cleaning paste is obtained by combining in equal proportions baking soda, laundry powder and “Fairy”.
- It is required to stir the ingredients and dilute with a small amount of water. The resulting gruel must be treated stains.
- After half an hour, you should wash the thing, and it will become like a new one.
Do not hesitate for a long time about how to get rid of fat stains on clothes. Adopt proven recipes that are easy to prepare at home. If, after applying the tool, no residual traces of contamination could be removed, repeat the procedure, and you will definitely succeed.