How to remove the stain of olive oil
Posted by: 15.01.2018
Cooking, cosmetic procedures are able to leave marks that force one to puzzle over how to get rid of oily stains on clothes, towels or furnishings. Olive oil, recognized and actively used by culinary and cosmeticians, leaves hard-to-remove stains on wardrobe items. A small drop of vegetable oil, falling on the fabric, spreads to an impressive size. What measures should be taken to prevent the stain from becoming stagnant? How to deal with olive oily trace when the oil has managed to soak into the fibers of the tissues and dry out? There are lots of ways to remove pollution from sunflower, sea buckthorn, soybean and olive oil, which are actively used by experienced housewives in the struggle for cleanliness.
How to wash olive oil is better
The viscous consistency of any vegetable oil complicates the process of disposal of pollution, because it can not be dissolved with water. Difficulty arises later, when, ignoring or not noticing an oily stain, it is necessary to struggle with thickened and hardened traces. Normal washing will not cope with oily dirt, because after it remains shiny spots on clothes.
The easiest way to cope with fresh traces of vegetable oil. Therefore, you should know how to remove the stain of olive oil, before it is absorbed. Initial actions for detecting fresh oil stains:
- Powder generously with fine table salt a soiled area, periodically changing the salt to a fresh portion. You can help soft rubbing movements. Due to the excellent hygroscopic properties of salt, its crystals absorb oil from the surface of the fabric.
- Attach a paper towel or napkin, changing periodically to a dry area so that the remaining oil is absorbed into the paper.
- Roll up the bread crumbs and attach to a fresh spot of olive oil on the clothes, changing balls.
- Sprinkle fresh contamination with starch or crushed chalk, so that the grains cover not only the stain, but also the area outside.
- Mustard powder is poured on the stain, after 5 minutes shaken off, the contaminated area is soaped with laundry soap with a brush. After that, dry mustard is sprinkled again, and the procedure is repeated until the oily contamination has completely disappeared.
After the manipulations are done, the pollution is generously washed with laundry soap and washed over the area before sending the product to the washing machine drum.
How to wash the olive oil from the clothes when the stain has already eaten
It is problematic to remove the old stain from vegetable oils, but in the arsenal of experienced housewives there are secrets that allow to eliminate such pollution. In the question of how to wash the olive oil from the clothes, you can stop at the shop facilities or resort to popular methods.
We rinse off olive oil with the help of products from the supermarket.
Studying the contents of the supermarket shelves, you can choose a tool based on the budget possibilities and the type of fabric on which marks from vegetable oil appeared.
- Affordable laundry soap "Antipyatin" is able to easily cope even with old oily dirt. The stain of olive oil is washed and left alone for 2 hours, after which the product is washed as indicated on the label.
- Based on the available finances, you can use stain removers that have proven themselves well - these are Frau Schmidt, Vanish, Ecover, Amway Pre Wash, Sarma Active, Minute, Udalix Ultra.
Rigorous hostesses may, in contrast to the means of the chemical industry, offer decent options for their own production of stain removers, which are cheaper, but the effect of their use is striking.
Folk remedies in the fight against stains from olive and engine oil
The farm has always on hand ingredients or ready-made products that will effectively get rid of oily contaminants. Small tricks are able to rid not only of vegetable stains, but also difficult to remove engine oil.
- Leads on the simplicity and affordability of dishwashing gel, which is applied to the stain, rubbed and left alone thing for an hour, after which you need to wash the product in the usual way.
- Gruel of grated soap, liquid ammonia and turpentine. Soap shavings are diluted with turpentine to a porridge-like state, a couple of drops of ammonia are added and the resulting composition is applied to an oily stain for a quarter of an hour. The composition is removed with a wet sponge or hot water, after which the item is sent to a washing machine.
- Refined gasoline will help get rid of olive oil on clothes. To do this, it is necessary to cover the front of the pollution with a clean cotton cloth rolled up in several layers. Unscrew the product and from the seamy side apply cleaned gasoline along the contour of the stain with a cotton pad or hygienic stick.
- Heat treatment of oily stain is relevant in cases where the product can not be washed in the usual way. Starch, crushed chalk, talcum, Extra salt, soda are poured on the stained fabric on both sides of the fabric with a stain, and cloth or paper napkin are pre-treated under the product. Covered with a napkin or cotton cloth, the bulk composition is ironed with a hot iron. Under the influence of hot temperatures, oily compounds are absorbed into the dressing.
- A mixture of purified gasoline with starch (potato flour) creamy consistency is applied to the stain until completely dry. After a stiff brush, the composition is cleaned from the place of contamination, it is wiped by hand with the help of household soap and then sent to the washing machine.
Looking at the advice of experts, the question of how to clean the stain from olive oil is solved quite simply. Each housewife can easily get rid of stains on clothes, upholstery of furniture or cars, without resorting to the services of dry cleaning.