We wash off whitewash after repair - proven methods
Posted by: 29.10.2017
In order not to look for a way to clean the whitewash that stained the floor and walls, during the repair all surfaces should be covered with newspapers or polyethylene. If you do not do this, you will have to fight for a long time with persistent white blots, which tend to reappear once the cleaned floor dries out.
We eliminate fresh whitewash spots
Before you wash the floor after the repair, collect all the garbage and sweep the room. In order not to swallow the dust, wear a respirator, protect your hands with rubber gloves. The better you remove the construction dust, the easier it will be to wash the whitewash from the floor.
To eliminate stains you need a lot of water. It is necessary to constantly change dirty liquid to a clean and thoroughly rinse cloth. If it is covered with white bloom, take a clean cloth and continue to work. Instead of a rag, you can use foam or sponge, they are easier to clean.
How to clean the floor after whitewashing? Use the verified instructions.
- First wash the surface with water.
- After removing the main dirt, collect a bucket of clean water, pour in 20 ml of vegetable oil per liter of liquid.
- Dampen a rag and wipe the floor.
- Wait until it dries out slightly.
- Once again, change the water in the bucket and dissolve in it a couple of tablespoons of vinegar. Wash the floors.
- After a while, wash them again with clean hot water.
After such manipulations from the stains of fresh whitewash, there will be no trace, although this method will make you work hard.
We clean the ceramic tile and floor
If blots of whitewash are on ceramic or painted surfaces, potassium permanganate will come to the rescue. Due to its chemical properties, potassium permanganate reacts with whitewash, and lime is washed without any effort.
Prepare a low-borne mortar solution of manganese, wash the floor and tile with it several times, remembering to change the water and rinse the rag.
This method is suitable for painted walls, baseboards, dark colored linoleum and ceramics. For window frames, parquet and other varnished surfaces, it is better not to use potassium permanganate, so as not to provoke the appearance of pink stains.
How to clean wooden floors
The tree needs careful maintenance. When removing the stains, the hostesses think not only about how to clean the whitewash from the floor, but also how to preserve its brilliance and beauty.
- Use the safe recipe. Type in a bucket of warm water.
- Pour there vinegar at the rate of 1 Art. l per liter of fluid.
- Wash the floors with a mortar twice.
- When the parquet is completely dry, make sure that there are no streaks on it, and rub the surface with water and glycerin. On 250 g water 1 Art. l of glycerin.
Instead of vinegar, you can use ammonia in the ratio 1 spoon per 1 liter of water to clean the parquet from whitewashing.
If the whitewashing on the floor has managed to dry out, the task becomes more complicated. To clean the floor, wet a large piece of cloth, unscrew it and put it on the parquet. When the lime is sodden, remove the rag and carefully remove the whitewash with a spatula. Then you will need to wash the wooden surface with vinegar or ammonia.
Unpainted wooden floor quickly absorbs lime, so traces of it are particularly difficult to eliminate. Try to wash the surface immediately after whitewashing. To do this, prepare a special solution:
- Pour two large spoons of laundry soap into a bucket of warm water;
- add a spoon of turpentine;
- mix thoroughly.
Liberally cover the floor with liquid. Take a hard bristled brush and, as it should, clean the whitewash traces. Leave the solution to affect the 10 minutes and rinse thoroughly with clean water. At the end, cover the wood with a thin layer of flax oil.
Linoleum is amenable to purification, so you can easily choose what to clean the floor after repairing.
- Fresh whitewash is quickly removed with hot soapy liquid. Carefully wash the cover with it, change the cloth and rinse the floor with clean water.
- If lime marks are still visible, use turpentine. Dissolve a spoonful of the product in 5 liters of water and clean the dirt.
To return the linoleum to its original shine, walk on it with a wet wool cloth, dry it thoroughly, moisten a rag in milk and wash the floor with it. Instead of milk, you can use flaxseed oil. Carefully apply it on clean linoleum and rub with a dry cloth.
Many people prefer household chemicals to clean surfaces after repairs. There are a lot of drugs on the market that do an excellent job with the most complex pollutions.
- Fresh lime is easy to remove with Mr. Propper.
- Universal detergent specially designed for floors and walls.
- It can be used for ceramic tile, laminate, linoleum and parquet.
- Dilute the 2-3 cap in a bucket of water, foam and wash the floor. Repeat the procedure if necessary.
Perfectly washes whitewashing with Fairy, Gloss from Amway and Whiteness. Choose a suitable product, add a few spoons to a bucket of water and wash the floors 2-3 times, changing the solution and rag.
Many people ask how to clean the floor from whitewashing, if it is completely dried up? You will need kerosene.
Stir 150 g of substance in 5 liters of water. In order not to spoil the coating, test the solution in an inconspicuous area before use. If there are no negative changes, start the cleaning work.
- Wash the floors with liquid several times.
- Gently whitewash gently wipe with a sponge soaked in clean kerosene.
- Clean the area to be treated with water.
- Finally, wipe the floors with a weak solution of vinegar. It will help to neutralize the smell of kerosene.
Good salt copes with ordinary soiling. Connect 0,5 kg of salt with 5 liters of hot water. Stir and wash the floor and walls from whitewashing.
Following these recommendations, you can easily put in order the floor after the repair and keep the house clean and comfortable.