How to remove the iodine stain from your clothes - only proven methods
Posted by: 27.12.2017
The use of iodine allows not only to properly treat wounds and apply iodine net, but also to achieve other tasks. Sometimes it happens that a stain of iodine remains on the clothes, which instantly spreads over the thing. It seems that there is no more difficult task than to remove the iodine stain from clothes, and therefore not many people are generally interested in how to remove iodine stain from favorite things. But this is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance. This guide on how to get a stain on iodine tissue will help you figure out how to get a iodine stain and how.
Remove iodine without a trace - the best popular recipes of struggle
On the question of how to remove the iodine stain from clothes, you can find many answers due to the abundance of recipes for removing iodine stains with which you can get rid of contamination. Here are the best folk ways to remove the iodine stain:
- How to remove the stain of iodine on the fabric home remedies? Mix a small amount of vinegar and soda so that the result is a slurry. This mass must be applied to the stain and wait 10-15 minutes. How to remove iodine stain more easily? Pour some soda on the stain and pour vinegar on top. After this treatment, it will only be necessary to send the clothes to the washing machine with good washing powder.
- How to remove a stain from iodine, if you have a starch that is not used in any way? Wet the stain with water, then rub it thoroughly with starch. It turns blue and absorbs iodine, after which the thing must be washed.
- Ammonia is another good way to remove iodine stains on clothes. How to remove the iodine stain from clothes with ammonia? Soak clothing in saline and water solution. It is enough to hold the thing 30-40 minutes, then rinse in water. If the stain is still visible, the clothes should be washed in a typewriter.
- How to remove iodine stains from the fabric if there is no stain remover? You can solve the problem with just one potato. How to remove a stain of iodine from the clothes of this root? Just cut it in two and rub it.
- Hyposulphite is another means of removing iodine stains from the tissue. It is necessary to fill it with dirt, wait for 15-20 minutes, remove the remaining powder and wash your clothes in the washing machine.
- You do not know how to remove the iodine stain from the fabric of white color? Take concentrated hydrogen peroxide and pour it on pollution. If clothing is a light shade, it is necessary to dilute the peroxide before removing iodine stains from the fabric. A few minutes later the stain will brighten, after processing the thing must be washed.
- Treatment with acetone or alcohol is a great way to remove iodine from the surface of clothes. It is necessary to moisten a cotton swab in a liquid, then attach it to the stain for a few minutes. After the thing in the wash.
- How to remove iodine stains if alcohol is not at hand? Cologne serves as a good alternative - soak cotton wool in it and gently wipe the iodine contamination on clothes, then wash the thing.
- Ascorbic acid will help to deal with the question of how to remove iodine stains from the fabric - for this purpose it is necessary to take the liquid version. It should be applied to the surface stains, wait for 10 minutes and wash off. The stain will go away.
These methods of how to remove iodine stains from the fabric are the most effective, and you can be sure of their effectiveness before removing the iodine stain from the fabric. However, folk methods of how to remove iodine stains from the fabric are not the only ones with which you can deal with the pollution left by iodine.
Apply household chemicals to remove iodine stains
How to remove a stain of iodine from the fabric, if it is not possible to use folk recipes? There are two options for removing iodine from the fabric with household chemicals - bleach and stain remover. The first category of products is suitable only for white and light things, whereas iodine stains can be removed with a help of stain remover from white and colored things. Before removing iodine stains from clothes, it is necessary to choose a remedy suitable for the fabric. When choosing a bleach, you need to choose brands that do not contain chlorine - it paints things.
You will no longer have a question about how to remove iodine stains from clothes, because now you are armed with a whole arsenal of effective ways to remove iodine stains on clothes. Use them immediately after iodine gets on your clothes, as it will be significantly more difficult to remove old contaminants.