How to remove iron stains from clothes - the right recommendations
Posted by: 23.12.2017
Inattention while ironing can be very costly for you - even a few extra seconds of iron lying on the surface of clothing can cause burning spots, which can not always be removed. If small stains from an iron can still be removed without consequences, then it is almost impossible to remove red contaminants — it is rational to throw off such clothes. Many are interested in the answer to the question of how to remove a stain from an iron from clothes, as well as how not to damage delicate fabrics. This guide will help you understand how to remove the stain from the iron as quickly as possible and without unnecessary trouble - get ready to memorize important recommendations on the case.
How to avoid trouble?
If you do not want to face the question of how to remove the stain from the iron on synthetics, you need to learn how to iron your clothes properly. Remember some useful rules below:
- During ironing, do not be distracted by extraneous factors. Try to iron in silence, you should concentrate fully on your activities. It’s enough just to take a few seconds off to talk or watch TV, and you will need to find out how to get out. iron stain from trousers or other clothes that have been damaged by your hands.
- Before ironing clothes, carefully study the tag that contains all the information you need about the care of the thing. There you can also view the ironing temperature recommended by the manufacturer - set the specified value on the iron, in any case not higher!
- Iron even movements and do not stop over one area for a long time to prevent the formation of burnt traces. Also do not push too hard.
- If the properties of the fabric you are ironing allow, set the mode of steaming - in this case, the risk of scorching on the surface of clothing is significantly reduced, and you will not need to puzzle over the question of how to remove the shiny iron stains from things.
- Try to iron things from the seamy side, and if you want to iron from the front - use a thin gauze fabric to protect the surface of the clothes. This simple advice will allow you to save your stuff and not to wonder how to get rid of the stain from the iron.
If you find out about these recommendations too late, and your things are already stained with iron, you need to learn how to remove the stain from the fabric from the iron with the safest and fastest methods.
6 effective ways
Now you will immediately learn 6 useful tips on how to remove the iron stain from your favorite clothes. It is better to write down these methods, than you can remove the stain from the iron and learn, so as not to return to the question:
- Onion. Excellent, but at the same time insanely simple means of how to wash off the stain from the iron. It is enough to cut the onion into two parts and rub the spot with a half of the onion well, then crush the onion into mush and apply it on the spot. Wait for 3-4 hours for the onions to soak into the stain, then soak the clothes in cold water. How to remove the white spot from the iron with a bow once and for all? When it takes several hours after soaking, clothes should be washed in a washing machine, then the traces will disappear!
- Milk. How to remove the stain from the iron on synthetic as carefully as possible and without consequences for the fabric? You can use ordinary milk. It is necessary for several hours to soak clothes stained with an iron in cold milk, then rinse thoroughly in cold water and wash in a washing machine. In the same way, you can wipe off mold, wine and ink.
- Lemon juice. How to remove stains on clothes from the iron, if there was no milk at hand, and there is no desire to go to the store? For these purposes, you can use lemon juice or acid, which should be in your home. How to remove yellow spots from the iron lemon juice? Rub it on the stain and rub it in carefully for a few minutes, then wash the clothes. Acid must be diluted in a small amount of water and applied to the stain after washing thing.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Interested in how to remove the stain of iron on white? There is an excellent tool that is sure to be found in the first-aid kit - hydrogen peroxide. Mix it with a small amount of ammonia, soak a cotton swab in the prepared solution and wipe the stains with it. When the solution is well absorbed, the clothes should be rinsed and washed in a washing machine.
- Boric acid. Acids do a good job with stains, and boric acid is no exception. How to remove the stain from the iron on white with the help of this tool? Very simple - dissolve the acid in a small amount of clean water, then wipe the stains with the resulting solution. When the stain is completely discolored, simply wash the clothes with a powder in the washing machine.
- Vinegar. Than to remove the stain from the iron on white is already clear, but how to cope with traces on black clothes? Vinegar comes to the rescue! Put the clothes on a horizontal surface, cover with a gauze soaked in vinegar on top, then iron it with a low temperature iron. This treatment can remove stains of ink, glue, sweat and even fresh grass.
These 6 tips on how to remove the yellow spot from the iron will provide you with invaluable help in the household, but this is not all that is recommended to know. There are other good ways to remove stains on clothes from the iron.
Alternative ways to deal with traces
Still interested in how to remove the yellow iron stains quickly and safely for clothing? If the above methods, than removing the stains on clothes from the iron did not have the desired effect, you can try one or more proven folk recipes listed below:
- Mechanical restoration. How to clean stains from iron on clothes with the help of mechanical impact? Not so difficult! Take a sharp object (knife, razor or blade) and try to scrape off a rusty stain from the surface of the fabric. Before you get rid of the stain of iron on clothes in this way, think about the risks - inadvertent movement can ruin everything.
- Table soda. How can I remove the iron stain with home remedies that are always in the kitchen? Use ordinary table soda - it must be dissolved in water so as to get a thick slurry. The prepared tool is applied to the traces of iron, left for a few minutes to absorb, then removed, and the thing is sent to the washing machine.
- Salt. Is it possible to remove the iron stain with ordinary salt? Yes, and this is one of the most effective and universal means to combat stains. Wet your clothes, then sprinkle the spot with fine salt and leave to soak. After a few hours, rinse the treated item in cold water, then send it to the washing machine.
- Bleaching powder. How to remove iron stains on white cotton material? A good result can bleach, which must be diluted in a liter of water (enough one teaspoon), then rinse the clothes in the prepared lime solution. It is important after treatment in lime to thoroughly rinse the item under water to remove stains.
Be sure to try these tips on how to remove the iron stain from clothes to make sure they are highly effective. Do not be discouraged if from the first time you do not see the desired result. Just repeat the procedure again, or try another way to remove iron stains from clothes. And most importantly - do not forget about the proper ironing, because spending more time on a neat and competent care is better than removing the iron stain on clothes, spending much more than your strength on it.