We wash clothes from shoe cream stains
Posted by: 09.12.2017
If the shoe polish got on the clothes, it can ruin not only the mood, but also the thing, because not everyone knows how to wash off such a stain, so tips on this issue will be useful to everyone.
Stain on clothes from shoe polish
Shoe cream is a very useful thing that allows you to give your shoes or sneakers a fresh look, prolong their life. But that's not the problem, if he accidentally ended up on your clothes, there is a question, than to wash shoe polish from clothes? Considering its structure, it is rather quickly and firmly fixed on the fabric; it is not so easy to remove it. And yet this is not a sentence, do not be in a hurry to get upset and think about throwing away the soiled thing, after all, it is real to wash out the shoe polish!
What will it take to get rid of shoe polish on things?
Pay attention to the consistency, it is in the liquid state and in the form of a paste.
In the first case, you will need:
- paper towel to absorb;
- alcohol (preferably isopropyl);
- a small basin or a pair of glasses;
- washing powder;
- detergent (whitening).
After all this you cook, you need to do the following:
- Take a paper towel and gently move on the spot, but not sharply, so that it does not become even more. Continue until the towel stops soaking shoe polish.
- Next, one to three mix isopropyl alcohol with cold water. By the way, since it is even more difficult to wash off shoe polish from white clothes, you can use alcohol in undiluted form. Dampen a towel with this solution and treat the dirt on both sides. In parallel, pay attention to how the fabric perceives this composition. Continue to blot until the towel no longer sucks in the stain, it should lighten considerably.
- Now you need to make a paste-like mixture of cold water and laundry detergent, apply this compound to the problem area on both sides and leave the clothes for 15-2- minutes in this form. To create a paste, use glasses or a basin. Wash your clothes in the most usual way, considering its material, if bleach is contraindicated to it, use other powders and quite a bit of bleach.
- Well, the last stage is drying, but first carefully inspect the thing, you need to make sure that the cream is gone. If there is a stain or even minor traces, then you need to make a mixture with alcohol and water again and repeat the procedure. Otherwise, after drying, it will become an almost impossible task to remove it.
What to remove the stain of shoe polish, if it is in the form of a paste, then for this you need:
- lean oil;
- spray WD-40;
- cold water;
- dishwashing detergent;
- bleach for fabric.
Apply a little Vaseline with a spray of VD-40 or oil onto the cloth, rub this stain into the stain for 15 minutes. When it becomes less bright, mix ammonia with water and put it on the right place, wipe it from the edge inwards to avoid smearing of the stain. Next, gently begin to wash away what else could remain from the stain, water.
You can, depending on the color of clothes, use alcohol, it is better if it is medical. Apply it to the stained area, pre-mixed with 1 to 2 with water, and wipe with a cloth until it starts to wash or the fabric no longer absorbs the cream.
You can repeat this procedure again, best of all this method is suitable for light-colored fabrics or white. If the stain has not gone away, you can use turpentine, but first rinse the cloth with alcohol and look at how it reacts to the turpentine, if everything is normal, then continue to clean this way, everything should be washed off.
If nothing helped, then it remains to try to stretch everything well with the use of bleach, unless of course, the fabric allows.
Considering that the composition of shoe polish contains fats, you can use detergent to eliminate fat and throw it into the washing machine, setting the mode from 40 to 60 degrees. Much depends on how quickly you start trying to eliminate the stain, if immediately, then the chances of success are great.
Hyposulphite can also be used. To do this, mix a teaspoon of hyposulfite and half a liter of water, wash in this thing, then in warm water with soap.
And if none of the methods have yielded the proper result, or you simply do not dare to undertake it, fearing to make it even worse, then it remains to give the thing to dry cleaning. This is a win-win, professionals know how and than to wash the shoe polish.
- Do not try to wash off the shoe polish simply with water after they have been soiled with them, use bleach, otherwise the stain will spread and there will be much more.
- Dry things only after completely getting rid of the stain, otherwise it will be impossible to get rid of it just like that.
- Be careful about working with the formulations listed in the recipes before erasing shoe polishWear rubber gloves for safety.