How to clean the refrigerator from the smell inside?
Posted by: 28.12.2017
Unpleasant smell from the refrigerator, which often appears after the expiration date of products, can spoil not only the appetite, but also the mood of all the inhabitants of a house or city apartment. If you do not ensure regular cleaning of the shelves and the entire internal space of the refrigerator, unpleasant odors will appear very soon, and after they appear, removing these stenchs is not easy. Prevention in this matter is very important, but what to do when unpleasant smells have already been felt, and the problem must be dealt with as soon as possible? This guide will help you figure out how to flush the refrigerator so that there is no smell, how it is correct and how often it should be done.
6 best ways to wash the fridge
How to wash the fridge inside without the help of any special tools? At home, you can use one of the six most effective and proven methods for cleaning the refrigerator:
- Cut a large lemon into two equal parts and rub all the surfaces of the refrigerator from the inside with citrus halves. Wait until the lemon juice is completely absorbed for two to three hours, then vigorously wipe the inside lining of the refrigerator with a damp cloth.
- Dissolve a small amount of table soda in warm water and stir it until a homogeneous solution is obtained. Next, apply this solution on the internal surfaces of the refrigerator and carefully wipe them with a soft cloth. How to wash the refrigerator well? Repeat this procedure several times to completely get rid of the unpleasant odor from the unit.
- Carefully wipe the inside surfaces and shelves of the refrigerator with a soft sponge moistened with soapy water. After that, apply a small amount of hydrogen peroxide to a new clean sponge and rub the substance on the refrigerator. After that, not only will the unpleasant smell disappear, but the surfaces themselves will become more shiny and clean, including from bacteria.
- How to wash the refrigerator, if the household did not have hydrogen peroxide? You can use ordinary table vinegar, which copes with unpleasant odors. It is only necessary to dilute the vinegar with warm water in equal quantities, then soak the soft sponge in the resulting mixture and wipe the entire internal volume of the refrigerator with it. The smell will go away!
- If you do not know how to wash the fridge inside to not only get rid of the smell, but also to replace it with a pleasant aroma, use mint toothpaste. Apply a small amount of toothpaste with a mint smell (if not, you can use any other) on a rag and carefully rub the inside of the refrigerator. Repeat as necessary.
- Oven cleaning fluid perfectly serves as a means of unpleasant odors inside the refrigerator. Simply apply a uniform layer of liquid to the inside of the unit with a spray bottle, then wait for 15 for 10 minutes until the product is absorbed. The last stage of processing consists in wiping the shelves and surfaces of the refrigerator with a wet sponge.
These six ways on how to wash the refrigerator from the smell, in most cases, will be enough to completely eliminate the negative flavors and permanently prevent their appearance. However, you can give a few more recommendations that will help you greatly in the fight against stench that can ruin both your appetite and all your products that you store in your refrigerator.
Get rid of the smell of fish
It is known that the smell of fish is very persistent, and it is almost impossible to wash it with usual methods - there is a chance only to muffle the unpleasant odor. What better way to wash the refrigerator from the smell of fish? You can use a tool based on vinegar, water and sea salt. To do this, mix equal parts of vinegar and warm water, then add to the resulting solution a small amount of sea salt. This tool must be thoroughly cleaned inside the refrigerator, including the freezer. If one time is not enough, the odor treatment procedure will need to be repeated.
How best to wash the refrigerator from the smell of fish, if he literally soaked into the walls of the unit, and no means previously listed does not help you? Use one of the following recipes:
- Put on a small saucer a slice of fresh black bread and two halves of fresh onion. After that, place the dish in the refrigerator and leave it overnight. Black bread and onions will absorb all the unpleasant odors, and the stale aroma of the fish will no longer bother you. To increase the effect, you can place one such saucer on each internal shelf.
- Before you quickly wash the fridge, put some cat litter on the saucer and leave it inside the unit for 7-8 hours. After that, remove the saucer and process the refrigerator using one of the above recipes. This preliminary procedure removes most of the odors - it's better than washing the refrigerator from the smell from scratch.
- Crush a few tablets of activated carbon and place the powder in several places inside the refrigerator, then leave it until the morning. When you wake up, remove the activated powder and carry out the usual wet processing of the internal surfaces of the refrigerator.
How to wash the refrigerator, if after carrying out the procedures described, the smell is not completely removed? Conduct a wet treatment with ammonia. Soak a soft sponge with alcohol, then rub it with the interior of your refrigerator. After that, the bad smell of the fish will disappear.
You already know how to properly clean the refrigerator inside, but the best strategy is to prevent the formation of unpleasant odors, so that there is no need to deal with them. How is prevention done? Follow these rules that will save you from the stench:
- Immediately wipe all contaminants after they are detected - never delay cleaning.
- Remove drops and spills from liquid products before they dry out and start to smell.
- Never put dirty dishes inside the refrigerator - it will surely stain your shelves.
- Throw out expired products in a timely manner without the slightest bit of regret.
- Products that need to be defrosted, be sure to put only in deep dishes.
- Try to wash the refrigerator with home remedies every week (during cleaning).
- Once every three months, do a general cleaning of the refrigerator with its total cleaning.
If you strictly follow these rules, the actual question of how to properly clean the inside of the refrigerator from unpleasant odors will not arise. Remember that the refrigerator preserves your food, which absorbs all the stench and spoils its taste. In order not to throw out products that are still consumable because of an unpleasant smell, regularly take time to clean the refrigerator!