How to wash the mold from the stroller - proven methods
Posted by: 31.12.2017
Mold can significantly impair life not only for adults, but also for children, especially when it appears not only on clothes, but also on a wheelchair. Why is this happening? The most common cause of mold is long-term non-use of the stroller for its intended purpose, as well as storage in damp rooms contaminated with fungus. Many parents are interested in the answer to the actual question of how to clean the mold from a baby carriage. In fact, it is not so difficult - the main thing is to follow certain rules and advice. So, how exactly and how can you wipe off the mold from your baby’s stroller? It's time to figure it out!
Universal way to remove mold
Than to wipe mold on the stroller, if she is very affected, and still need to use it for a very long time? You can resort to a very effective and effective recipe for mold:
- Soak the whole fabric of the pram thoroughly with turpentine and wait for 30 minutes so that the agent is well absorbed into the fabric fibers.
- Apply a small amount of table soda to the soft sponge and carefully wipe all the fabric elements of the stroller, trying to remove all the fungal formations on the stroller.
- Treat the surface of the stroller with an aqueous solution of hydrogen peroxide and a good washing powder, leave the stroller in this form for 30-60 minutes to absorb.
- Rinse all treated surfaces of the stroller in warm water with acetic acid.
- Allow the wheelchair to dry completely, then wipe it with a dry, soft cloth.
How to remove stains from the stroller, if this method does not help you? You can increase the impact on the mold with the help of whey, which must be applied to the stroller, leave to absorb for a few minutes, and then the surface is treated with hot steam.
5 effective fighting methods
How to remove mold stains from a pram, if you want to keep its attractive appearance? You can try one of the methods available further tested by the people:
- Ammonia. Before removing stains on the stroller with alcohol or any other flammable substances, make sure that there are no sources of open fire nearby. It is enough to soak cotton swabs in alcohol and wipe the surface infected with mold. Leave the stroller in this form for 30-60 minutes, after which dry the stroller with a sponge.
- Potassium permanganate Dilute a small amount of potassium permanganate in water and process the mold on the surface of the stroller with this solution. It is enough to wait for 30 minutes and wash off the solution in order to remove the remnants of the solution of potassium permanganate along with the mold.
- Laundry soap. How to wash the mold from the stroller, if there was no alcohol and potassium permanganate at home? Wipe the stroller with a solution of soap in water. To increase the effect, you can add a small amount of salt or table soda, and better both at the same time. Evenly cover the surface of the fabric with a solution and wait for 60 minutes, then thoroughly rinse the pram.
- School chalk. This method of how to wash the mold from the stroller is useful for dry removal of mold when it is not possible to wet the fabric. Spread the crushed chalk on the surface of the fabric, put a newspaper sheet on top, then iron the fabric with an iron. Several of these treatments will allow you to completely remove the mold areas.
Interested in how to remove mold stains from the stroller using alternative methods? For these purposes, you can use the following means proven by the people:
- A solution of sodium hyposulphite in water (a teaspoon of a substance in a glass of liquid).
- High-quality bleach (follow these instructions).
- A solution of borax in water (100 grams of substance per liter of warm water).
- Onion juice, onion slices or fresh tomato juice.
After exposure to each of these folk recipes, you must thoroughly rinse the surface of the treated fabric with a soft sponge, dry the fabric and iron it.
Before removing the mold stains from the stroller, it is recommended to remove the particles of the fungus from the fabric using a clean clothes or toothbrush. The sooner you remove the mold after it has formed, the greater the chances of successful removal of mold from the pram.
What should I remember?
Now you know how and what to clean the mold from the pram, but this is not all the information. You definitely will not interfere with these tips to improve the efficiency of mold removal:
- To remove mold, you can use not only popular recipes, but also special chemical detergents that contain bleaching and other substances that have a detrimental effect on the mold. You should be careful when using such tools - they can leave a sharp smell, unpleasant for children.
- The washing of fabrics infected with mold should be carried out at high temperatures - on the order of 90 degrees. Such an impact detrimental effect on the colonies of microorganisms and leads to their death, in order to facilitate the removal of mold from the tissue.
- If you do not want to ask each new season how to wash the stroller, dry it thoroughly before long-term storage, and also make sure that the room where you plan to store the product is not infected with fungus and does not have high humidity, and well ventilated.
As you can see, it is not so difficult to wash black mold from the stroller, especially with the right and responsible approach. But to prevent contamination of the product is easier than to wash the stroller. Follow the simple rules of care for the baby carriage and do not leave it for a long time without supervision - then the mold does not settle on it and does not complicate your task of using it.