Master's Tricks: How to Wash an Umbrella at Home
Posted by: 30.03.2018
In rainy weather without an umbrella anywhere. When buying it, I want to preserve the original beauty of this useful accessory as long as possible. But the situations are different and the umbrella can be very dirty. Do not rush to panic and run after a new one, because there are many simple recommendations on how to solve the problem of a contaminated umbrella.
Useful tips on how to wash an umbrella at home
The umbrella is washed only by hand. To do this, any washing powder, shampoo or dishwasher. A brush for clothes, a clean kitchen sponge or a piece of natural thick fabric can be used as auxiliary tools.
- To remove road dust and small streaks from the dome of an umbrella, do the following:
- In warm water, dissolve some powder and put an umbrella in it for half an hour.
- Walk across the fabric surface with a brush.
- Fully open and rinse with cold water from the mixer.
- Hang dry out.
- In case of heavy pollution, a solution of vinegar will be effective:
- In 0,5 liters of warm water, add 1 a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- Wet the sponge in the solution and completely go through the dome of the product.
- Hang to dry.
- Wash off the corrosive stains will help ammonia. This substance will not only wipe away the strong pollution, but will increase the water repellent property of the umbrella surface.
- Add 70 ml of alcohol in 0,5 ml of warm water.
- Brush the entire fabric portion of the product on both sides.
- Do not wash put to dry.
- Many wonder how to wash an umbrella, if it is white or of another bright shade, because a brush or a sponge in this case is strictly prohibited. To make the product clean, do the following:
- Soak it half open in warm soapy water for forty minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Hang dry.
In order for the umbrella to dry faster and there are no leaks on it, you need to shake it well to get rid of unnecessary moisture. Dry only in the opened state, because the fastenings between the spokes of most umbrellas are made of steel, which begins to rust from frequent contact with water. Now you know how to wash an umbrella and not spoil its appearance. It will be useful to learn other secrets for the care of the umbrella.
Folk recommendations how to care for an umbrella
These tips are good because all the existing components can be found in any kitchen.
- To return the saturation of the color to the black dome, wipe it with cool, brewed black tea. After rinse with cold water and wipe with a solution of vinegar (2 tablespoons on 0,75 water).
- Lemon juice will help to remove rust easily. Treat them to problem areas, leave for 5 minutes, then rinse with water and dry.
- To freshen up the color of the dome, brush it with a brush that has been heavily soaked in a weak solution of colored fabric powder. Leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse with cold water and allow to dry.
An important role is played by proper drying of the product. In order for the umbrella to last as long as possible, dry it using these recommendations:
- So that the fabric and the needles do not lose their primary elasticity, after a rain, the product dries in a half-open form.
- Mandatory shaking to remove excess fluid.
- Do not lay a damp umbrella on a hot battery or heater.
Now you know how to quickly and easily remove any stains from an umbrella and give it a primary appeal.