Cleaning the kitchen - rules and recommendations
Posted by: 31.12.2017
As a rule, the mere thought that cleaning the kitchen is not so far makes the housewives lose their mood and the desire to abandon the idea of cleaning the kitchen as far as possible. However, it is still necessary to clean this room, and regularly and as often as possible, because it is the kitchen that is the most quickly and seriously contaminated room in the whole house. All problems with cleaning the kitchen - from ignorance of the rules of cleaning. If you are interested in how to make general cleaning of the kitchen more simple, quick and enjoyable, just continue reading this guide, which will allow you to learn useful information.
4 main cleaning rules
If you are interested in carrying out a general cleaning of the kitchen as quickly and as comfortably as possible, follow the rules below, which will make cleaning your kitchen easier:
- First of all, wash all the dirty dishes that have accumulated in your kitchen. If you have a dishwasher, use it to speed up the process. Dishes, which are washed and placed in their places, will not call your eyes and take up space, so the general cleaning of the kitchen will be much easier for you.
- Collect and dispose of all trash before cleaning. It is advisable to carry out this procedure as often as possible, since trash accumulates in the kitchen very quickly - leftover food, drinks and other garbage that takes up extra space. Always keep your kitchen clean!
- Regularly change the dishwashing sponge to a new one. Enough to make such a replacement at least once a day in 3. This is necessary in order to reduce the growth rate of microorganisms that are collected on the sponge and can harm human health.
- Find helpers. General cleaning of the house, tips on which you will find below, will be much faster and easier for you if you involve in the process relatives who have nothing to do. You can call not only adult households, but also children. In this case, try to get out with the children in a fun way.
These rules of cleaning the kitchen will allow you to always maintain proper cleanliness in the kitchen and get out as quickly as possible without much time. However, this is not all that you need to know before starting the next general cleaning of the kitchen in your house or apartment.
We clean the cabinets
How to make a general cleaning in the kitchen? How to start this event? As a rule, cleaning begins with all lockers. You must remove all rubbish and various objects from them, sweep all the crumbs down, and then rinse all internal surfaces with a solution of detergent in water. There are also other cleaning tips in the closet to which you should listen:
- Check all loose products for moths and insects. If these are found, discard such products, or rinse and dry thoroughly.
- It is possible to wipe the internal lockers not only with detergent, but also with a solution of citric acid and vinegar in water. You can also combine these two tools.
- To clean the internal surfaces of cabinets, remove absolutely all items so that they do not interfere with your work. It is necessary to return the items only after the solution with which the inside of the furniture has been treated has completely dried.
Now that all the cabinets have been cleared of dust and other contaminants, we can safely proceed to the next stages of the general cleaning of the kitchen - do not relax, there is still a lot to do!
The next stage after cleaning the cabinets is cleaning the surfaces in the kitchen. Here you can highlight several useful recommendations that will make a more efficient cleaning:
- To clean ceramic surfaces, use ordinary soda, which must be moistened with water to obtain a slurry. This gruel is applied to the surfaces to be cleaned and left in this form for 30-60 minutes, after which it is washed with warm water.
- Kitchen facades are perfectly washed off stains with ordinary household soap.
- Wooden table tops before cleaning is recommended to cover with linseed oil, which will create a thin protective layer that prevents damage to the wood over time. Further cleaning of wooden surfaces is carried out with soda or coarse salt.
- Countertops made of stone should be cleaned only with a solution of soap. To avoid scratches and other defects, abrasives should not be used.
There is an excellent advice on the general cleaning of the kitchen - immediately before cleaning the surfaces, turn off the refrigerator in order to provoke its defrosting. This will allow not to wait until the refrigerator is defrosted, as after cleaning the surfaces they immediately proceed to it.
We clean in the refrigerator
An audit of the contents of the refrigerator should be carried out at least once a week. During the general cleaning of the kitchen, the refrigerator should be given special attention. For cleaning, use the following algorithm of actions that you can do quickly:
- Check the shelf life of the products in the refrigerator, throw away all expired products, leave only the most important and suitable for use.
- Remove all plastic shelves and containers, wash them in a soapy solution.
- All old grease stains on the internal surfaces of the unit thoroughly wipe with a solution of ammonia in water. If necessary, wipe the stains several times.
- Thoroughly dry the inside of the washed refrigerator, and then return all shelves and plastic boxes removed in the previous steps.
Excellent advice on cleaning the kitchen of the refrigerator - if you feel an unpleasant smell from the refrigerator, outgoing even after the general cleaning, put a little ground coffee inside. It perfectly absorbs all unpleasant odors, just forget to change it.
Microwave and oven
It is widely believed among housewives that cleaning the oven and microwave is a very difficult and time-consuming task. However, with the right approach, such cleaning becomes much easier. So, you can clean the inside of a vehicle like this:
- Prepare a solution of four tablespoons of soda in water, pour it into a spray bottle, then spray the product on the inside surfaces and leave it on for 60 minutes. Over time, it is necessary to wash off the solution, if necessary, the procedure can be repeated.
- Dilute a little lemon juice in water, put the container with the solution inside the microwave oven, then turn it on for 10 minutes (maximum power). After this treatment, it is easy to erase fatty old stains.
Of course, these are not all kitchen cleaning tips that you can bring. The last step is usually to clean the room from dust and mopping. Thus, cleaning the kitchen, the tips for which you now know perfectly, are done from the top down, and the floor is cleaned from the far corner towards the exit. Always follow the rules of cleaning the kitchen and do the general cleaning regularly and more often - so you keep clean!