Bulk polymeric floors - manufacturing techniques
Posted by: 28.10.2017
Bulk polymeric floors are a modern and perspective type of a floor covering. Epoxy and polyurethane based floors are widely used in numerous areas, including:
- Residential premises - floor coverings in apartments and private houses.
- Offices and public places, including restaurants, cafes, shopping centers.
- Logistics complexes, parking lots, warehouses, production.
- Places where floors have strict chemical resistance requirements.
- Rooms with a high impact load on the floors and temperature changes.
Polymer floors, technology arrangements which are given below, have received such prevalence due to the presence of numerous advantages. The main advantages of these floors include the following:
- Excellent resistance to mechanical, chemical and shock from the outside.
- Non-slip surface that does not attract dust to itself and always remains clean.
- Ease of operation and ease of maintenance, long service life.
- Fire safety, environmental friendliness and the complete absence of toxic emissions.
- Aesthetic appearance, the ability to decorate images and patterns.
- High elasticity, durability and reliability of a polymeric floor covering.
Tools for arranging the floor
To apply technology, it is necessary to prepare such tools:
- Squeegee - necessary for leveling the polymer mixture.
- Needle roller - required to remove air bubbles.
- Crack shoes - they allow you to walk on the equipped floor without consequences.
- Work clothes that do not mind to get dirty in the process.
After preparing the listed items, you can proceed to the device of polymeric floor coverings - technology not very complicated, but it requires a responsible approach and due care of the masters.
Preparation of the base for the floor
Device of polymeric bulk floors It begins with the preparation of the base - not only concrete, steel, wood, cement screed, anhydrite and magnesite coatings, but also polyvinyl chloride can play its role. Basically, the concrete floor is chosen for the arrangement, which must meet the following requirements:
- The smooth surface of the base without inclines, bumps and depressions.
- The absence of mechanical defects, including chips, grooves and cracks.
- The presence of high-quality waterproofing concrete base.
The basis for pouring the polymer floor must be cleaned from dust, dirt, debris, and other interference. Device of polymeric floors on the old grounds is not recommended, since no one guarantees the durability and reliability of the surface. In this case, you should remove the old top layer, or make a completely new tie from the brand МХNUMX and above. After complete drying of the screed (it takes several days), the base is primed and puttying is carried out. Then go to the second stage.
It should be noted separately about the preparation of a wooden base. The main requirement - wood moisture should not exceed 10%. In addition, the surface should be cleaned from grease, dust and dirt - it will not be superfluous to thoroughly vacuum the wood covering. Before pouring the first layer of the floor, it is necessary to sand the tree and make sure that the base does not spring. Otherwise, during the use of the polymer floor, the coating may crack due to the constant damping of the base.
Technological card on polymeric floors, equipped on a ceramic base, requires careful preparation of ceramics. Thus, each tile is tested for strength, and tiles that do not adhere well are removed from the total mass. It is not necessary to install new ones - you can simply fill the voids with concrete.
Pouring polymer mixture
Polymer flooring device begins at this stage. The technology requires the use of two layers - the first is the underlying, the second - the final coating, which determines the appearance of the floor. The composition of the underlying layer consists of two components - it is fine sand and the polymer mixture itself. This layer has its own task - to finally remove all the unevenness of the base and prepare the surface for the final layer, providing excellent adhesion. The thickness of the underlying layer varies from 1,5 to 2 mm.
Complicated equipment for polymeric floors not required. With proper accuracy it will be enough squeegee and needle roller. The prepared polymer mixture is gradually poured onto the concrete pavement and leveled using a doctor blade to the required thickness. After that, a needle roller is used to remove bubbles. Technology of manufacturing polymer floors says that after applying the first layer, you must wait until it is completely dry, and only after that proceed to the application of the finishing layer.
If the floor is poured over a large area, it is recommended to split it into several small sections using expansion joints. Immediately after filling the floor, these seams are carefully sealed - a special sealant is used for this, and the seams themselves before cleaning are thoroughly cleaned of debris and dust.
Arrangement of the finishing layer
When the first layer of polymer coating is poured and completely dry, which takes two to three days, you can proceed to the final stage of work - the arrangement of the final layer. It is he who determines the appearance of the coating and some of its operational characteristics; therefore, it is important to approach its arrangement with due responsibility. Technology performance polymer floors sets the layer thickness to 2-3 mm. The arrangement is in many ways similar to the filling of the first layer - the mixture is carefully poured onto the surface of the first coating, after which it is leveled. It remains to wait for its complete drying.
After drying the finish layer Polymer floor varnish coating technology. For this purpose, in most cases, polyurethane varnish is used - it is evenly applied to the topcoat. Why is this required? The varnished layer protects the floor from chemical and mechanical effects.
Technology no longer raises questions, which cannot be said about the choice of the type of coverage. All variety of brands of floors can be divided only into two main types:
- Polyurethane floor. Such a floor is characterized by its ability to withstand heavy loads for a long time, including vibrations. Due to their excellent durability, such coatings are recommended for installation in bathrooms, kitchens, showers and hallways. In the composition of polyurethane floors only one component, because of which such a coating dries much faster than epoxy.
- Epoxy floor. This floor is a mixture that includes two organic components - a polymer and a hardener. The advantages of epoxy compositions include a long service life, good strength and reliability, as well as relatively quick drying of the polymer coating.
Which floor to choose? It depends on which flow chart for polymer flooring was selected for the specific case, as well as on the budget and customer expectations. Any of these types has the right to exist - both polyurethane and epoxy floors are pleased with their strength and attractiveness.